I’ve been wanting to do this for a couple of years, but I’ve wavered in the past because I’m afraid I won’t be able to eat everything before it goes bad. And maybe I won’t. But I figure:
1. I’ll be eating seasonal, locally grown, farm fresh fruits, vegetables & herbs.
2. I’ll be more creative with my meals since I’ll have to work around whatever I get.
3. It’s a fun surprise every week (and I like surprises).
4. It will probably beef up my blog. I can see many “What on earth do I make with this?” posts in the future.
5. I’m supporting local farmers who are bringing this stuff right to me (aka less time & money at Whole Foods).
Starting at $20 a month for 2 lbs. of coffee, you can really get to know your joe. Choose a specific farmer (who you can even correspond with!) from a particular country, or, if you’re into bean variety, go with the farmer-of-the-month plan. With no minimum sign-up period and the knowledge that you are helping small-scale farmers survive, how can you not feel good to the last drop?